Position has been filled!
Sitly website & app usability tester
Part-time (16 hours / week, divided over 3 to 4 days)
We are looking for someone to test new and existing features of Sitly’s apps and website, to ensure all our users around the globe have the best experience. This is a part-time job with flexible hours, in the center of Amsterdam.
Who and what is Sitly?
Sitly is an online community where parents, babysitters and childminders can find each other in their area. Sitly has thousands of users, we are currently live in 12 countries in Europe and Latin America, and we have plans to move to more countries. We have a small, motivated team, based in Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Ukraine, and most of the countries we operate in.
What you will do
Our software developers change and add new features to Sitly on a daily basis. All of these need to be tested before they go live to make sure that what our users see meets the requirements. You’ll be responsible for performing part of the manual tests on our apps and websites: using them as if you were a real user, and in a structured way, reporting any- and everything that is and isn’t working correctly. Sitly is rapidly growing and we’re moving into new countries all the time. Part of your job will be to test if the website and apps for a new country are set up in the right way.
A typical day for you
You arrive at our office. You grab a quick coffee, and you’re greeted by the team. You open up the team chat app, and see if there are any urgent things to check. After that you open the ‘ticket’ system, and test everything that is ‘ready for testing’ for you that day. Most of your tickets pass, and you let our release manager know that everything on your end is looking good and ready to go live. You found one critical ‘bug’. You add it as a new ticket and let the development team know so they can reprioritize if necessary. You join the rest of the team for a healthy lunch. After lunch you finalise your testing and answer a few questions, and then leave to enjoy the rest of your afternoon.
- You are outgoing, intelligent, curious and a fast learner.
- You enjoy details and understand how they can make a huge difference to a web or app user.
- You are tech savvy: You know your way around everyday apps and websites, and because of that, you understand when something does or doesn’t work well.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and you are fluent in English.
- You love working in a structured way.
3 reasons why this might not be something for you
- Because you don’t really like thinking or talking about apps or websites
- Because you don’t spend much time on your phone or laptop, and it usually takes you a little while to learn how to use new apps
- Because you sometimes struggle with handling a lot of tasks at once, or having to quickly reprioritize your tasks
What we offer
- A great job where you get to learn a lot, and get to be a part of a fun, kind, informal, but very motivated team.
- Flexible hours: We believe it’s very important for all team members to have a healthy work-life balance
- A competitive (marktconform) salary
For more information or a general chat about the role, please apply! We want to start interviews as soon as possible. Don’t tick all the boxes, but think you’d still be a great match for this job? Please don’t hesitate to apply!
Send your applications to Marieke Schoutsen: firstname.lastname@example.org